Daily Blog Posting
Joe Mezzanini
2008-07-11 06:51:21 UTC
Just tried the daily blog posting function with Wordpress... pretty cool.
Any way to customize the Subject of the posting?
Also - the subject shows in all lower case under "recently written" and all
upper case in the actual post title.
See my test blog here http://theMezz.com/blog

thanks

Britta Gustafson
2008-07-11 18:17:49 UTC
We don't have a built-in way to customize the subject. There's an
unofficial plugin for Wordpress that can do this --
http://dougal.gunters.org/blog/2006/04/07/delicious-daily-blog-post-fixer-plugin
-- but I'm not sure it works with the latest version. The
title that Delicious generates is in lower case; the upper case is
probably because of your blog's CSS.

Also, not directly related to your question but maybe interesting to
other people who use the daily blog posting feature: there's an
unofficial Delicious Blog Rescue Tool at
http://deliciousblogrescue.mozdev.org/ which can help generate a
replacement post if "a day's worth of your del.icio.us links never made
it to your blog".

Britta
Delicious community manager intern

Joe Mezzanini
2008-07-14 13:50:52 UTC
The title that Delicious generates it all lower case "links for
2008-07-14"

Any way to make it a properly formatted title? As a title it should be?
i.e. "Links for 2008-07-14"

May not seem like a big deal, but when it is on a list of recently posted
titles that are properly formatted it really stands out as improper
punctuation .

Thanks

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Britta Gustafson <***@yahoo-inc.com>
wrote:

> We don't have a built-in way to customize the subject. There's an
> unofficial plugin for Wordpress that can do this --
>
> http://dougal.gunters.org/blog/2006/04/07/delicious-daily-blog-post-fixer-plugin
> -- but I'm not sure it works with the latest version. The
> title that Delicious generates is in lower case; the upper case is
> probably because of your blog's CSS.
>
> Also, not directly related to your question but maybe interesting to
> other people who use the daily blog posting feature: there's an
> unofficial Delicious Blog Rescue Tool at
> http://deliciousblogrescue.mozdev.org/ which can help generate a
> replacement post if "a day's worth of your del.icio.us links never made
> it to your blog".
>
> Britta
> Delicious community manager intern
>

> --- In ydn-***@yahoogroups.com <ydn-delicious%40yahoogroups.com>,
> "Joe Mezzanini" <***@...> wrote:
> >
> > Just tried the daily blog posting function with Wordpress... pretty cool.
> > Any way to customize the Subject of the posting?
> > Also - the subject shows in all lower case under "recently written" and
> all
> > upper case in the actual post title.
> > See my test blog here http://theMezz.com/blog
> >
> > thanks

GOD BLESS AMERICA
http://theMezz.com

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things." — Anonymous

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:ydn-delicious-***@yahoogroups.com

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Britta Gustafson
2008-07-14 18:19:41 UTC
No, that's how it gets generated. The daily blog post fixer plugin might
be able to help, if it works.

Joe Mezzanini
2008-07-14 22:19:58 UTC
With all due respect and don't take this the wrong way but I know that is
how it is generated. My request is to change the way it is generated and use
proper grammar for a title.

Being that it is an experimental feature I would think that the developers
would be looking for exactly this kind of feedback and suggestions.

Do you know who is working on the that particular project and who I can send
feedback to about it?

I do appreciate the automated script and thank you for listening,

Britta Gustafson
2008-07-15 00:54:00 UTC
I guessed that's what you meant, but I didn't know if you wanted the
long explanation. :) It's "experimental" because we put it out there and
haven't changed it for a long time. In an ideal world it'd get a major
overhaul, and we have a lot of ideas for that, but this feature is lower
on the priority list than several other things and so we're not
currently working on it.

Delicious itself has a lot of lowercase everywhere on the site, and this
choice has to do with style as well as grammar. We're moving toward more
"proper" capitalization eventually, though.

Thanks for your patience!

Joe Mezzanini
2008-07-15 01:09:40 UTC
On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 8:54 PM, Britta Gustafson <***@yahoo-inc.com>
wrote:

> I guessed that's what you meant, but I didn't know if you wanted the
> long explanation. :) It's "experimental" because we put it out there and
> haven't changed it for a long time. In an ideal world it'd get a major
> overhaul, and we have a lot of ideas for that, but this feature is lower
> on the priority list than several other things and so we're not
> currently working on it.

*I understand. It really adds a lot of functionality for bloggers. I love it
*

> Delicious itself has a lot of lowercase everywhere on the site, and this
> choice has to do with style as well as grammar.

*Yes but in this case the blog poster results shows on other people's site
not the delicio.us site .. .... therefore maybe it needs to match the style
of other people's site not **delicio.us 's web site :-)*

We're moving toward more
> "proper" capitalization eventually, though.
>
> Thanks for your patience!

*Thank you for a great invention. It is one of the most useful web based
apps that I use.

We even use it at a college where I work for posting links related to
certain courses and we just use the course ID #'s as tags - - great stuff
but I am straying off topic !!!*

*THANKS*

carpe_com
2008-08-21 12:40:10 UTC
Hi,

after the Resdign the DBP arrived only every other day, not it does
not show up at all.

What happened?

OG
Joe Mezzanini
2008-08-21 18:22:39 UTC
What is a DBP ???

--
My Right Brain: http://JoeMezz.com
My Left Brain: http://theMezz.com

carpe_com
2008-08-22 12:23:34 UTC
--- In ydn-***@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Mezzanini"

Daily Blog Posting, like in the headline/Subject?