Linkrolls busted again?
schneider.jonny
2008-07-29 13:11:22 UTC
Hi,

Linkrolls seem to be dicey at the moment.
I have one live here http://www.rogerwilco.com.au/rightnow.html

This worked a week ago, but not now.

Firebug says:
Delicious.Linkrolls has no properties

And highlights this as the problem code:
Delicious.Linkrolls.writeln({"user":"jonnyschneider","usertags":false,"version":"1","extended":true,"BASE_URL":"http:\/\/delicious.com","STATIC_URL":"http:\/\/l.yimg.com\/hr\/10303"},
posts);

I've checked a few other sites that use linkrolls & it appears to be a
universal problem.

A thread search on this group shows some linkroll probs back in
february, but cant find anything current.

Any advice?
chris_draycott
2008-07-29 18:24:42 UTC
Hi Jonny,

Looks like you're not getting the script file,
which is getting pulled from:
http://l.yimg.com/hr/10303/js/del-linkrolls.js
Can you get to that manually via your browser?

Also, can you see the feed that is being requested?
http://feeds.delicious.com/v2/json/jonnyschneider?count=15&callback=Delicious.Linkrolls_CB_14891

Thanks
Chris

--- In ydn-***@yahoogroups.com, "schneider.jonny"

schneider.jonny
2008-07-30 05:07:15 UTC
Hi,

Thanks for fast reply.

I'm getting 'access denied' when trying to acess del-linkrolls.js in
my browser.

I am able to see the feed from feeds.delicious.com though.

What gives?

--- In ydn-***@yahoogroups.com, "chris_draycott" <***@...>

chris_draycott
2008-07-30 06:06:10 UTC
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the feedback, we're looking into it.

chris_draycott
2008-07-30 17:04:02 UTC
Hi Jonny,

This should be resolved in the next few hours if not already. Many
thanks for bringing this to our attention, and if you are still having
problems later on today, please let us know.

schneider.jonny
2008-07-31 00:04:48 UTC
Working correctly now.

Thanks for sorting it out.

Curiously, what was the problem?
Changed permissions on whatever box hosts that script?

Thanks again. -Jon

chris_draycott
2008-08-01 00:21:54 UTC
Hi Jon,

Yup, that was pretty much it. Some of our cache servers had some
weird settings, which is why some people were seeing this problem and
for others it was working fine
Glad to hear it's working properly for you now.
Chris
schneider.jonny
2008-07-29 23:56:07 UTC
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm getting 'Access Denied' error in my browser for the script file.
I can see the feed served from feeds.delicious though.

Cheers, -Jon