delicious metaphor
stephenbungert
2008-07-02 13:11:00 UTC
Why use the term bookmarking if you can't file the links like
bookmarks? make the bundles like directories and use tagging just to
help search queries.

I make compound tags like javascript, javascript_examples because I
want to use the bundles. I can't just bundle javascript and examples,
all kinds of things may show up under examples.

The bundels should allow you to add virtual tags wiath a label like
'Javascript Examples' virtual tag would show all bookmarks tagged with
javascript and examples.

Otherwise bundeling is useless, unless you build really long multiple
would tags using some kind of word seperator.

Or should I fill up my delicious account with links to multiple tag
searches and keep them in special bundles?

Searching is useless, it takes forever, so long that I barely bother
trying to find anything by searching.
Britta Gustafson
2008-07-02 17:42:28 UTC
If you'd like to see all your bookmarks tagged with both "javascript"
and "examples", you can do that on del.icio.us right now. First go to
your "javascript" tag and look at the right-hand "related tags" list.
Click the "+" in front of "examples". That will get you a page like
http://del.icio.us/yourusername/javascript+examples -- which is
similar to your example of a virtual tag.

We're also always working on making search faster.

Britta
Del.icio.us community manager intern