Favicons.
Christian
2008-07-29 17:31:48 UTC
Hi,

I've seen there's been some discussions around using favicons with Delicious. I am one of those who would really like to see it supported. I very often associate sites and services with their icon so it would make it quicker for me to find bookmarks either on a page or on a toolbar if the favicons were showing. I have used other bookmark services and toolbars in the past. None of the come even close to Delicious. The only thing I miss is favicon support (and that the bug in the IE add-on where bookmarks outside the side of the toolbar doesn't work gets fixed).

I've seen some security/privacy concerns raised with regards to favicon support. But if it's made optional people with those concerns can disable it.
Christian
Britta Gustafson
2008-07-29 18:42:15 UTC
This is something we may consider for the future, but for now, you can try this
Greasemonkey script which adds favicons to Delicious pages: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/3406

Britta
Delicious community manager intern

Post by Christian
Christian
Larson, Timothy E.
2008-07-31 21:47:02 UTC
If the Del bookmark saved the favicon URL and fetched the original, that may
be a privacy concern. But if Del instead cached favicons and served these
instead, I think the privacy concerns are eliminated.

Tim
--
Tim Larson AMT2 Unix Systems Administrator
InterCall, a division of West Corporation

Eschew obfuscation!