Firefox 3
kimhsar
2008-07-02 23:53:19 UTC
Hi,

I've been having some trouble with my del.icio.us bookmarks on Firefox
3. The last post that I can find on my del.icio.us page is 4 days ago.
I know I have bookmarked pages in the last three days but they're not
showing.

I use the "My Bookmarks" del.icio.us add-on for Firefox 3 and this
worked fine up until three days ago. I don't import the bookmarks from
Firefox and I don't leave bookmarks locally on any computer.

At the moment I am a computer itinerant, which is why I like
del.icio.us - I can bookmark from any computer I'm on and can search
my bookmark from any computer I'm on.

Does anyone know what's going on?

cheers,

Kim
Stephen Hood
2008-07-07 19:27:41 UTC
Hi Kim --

Sorry for your trouble. Are you using the official Delicious
extension for Firefox 3? Or are you using something else? The
official extension can be found here:

If you are using the official extension, can you try opening your
Delicious Sidebar (View --> Sidebar --> Delicious) and seeing if the
missing bookmarks are listed there. If so, then something is keeping
the extension from sending them to Delicious and we can do some
further troubleshooting.

On a related note, we have a dedicated discussion group for issues
with the official Firefox extension; you can find it here:

Regards,
--Stephen
Kim
Kim Sargenius
2008-07-09 22:19:57 UTC
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I'm using the official Delicious extension. Further use seems to suggest that my problems have something to do with the bookmarks syncing. As I'm usually on a different computer every day, and I have over 10000 bookmarks, the syncing takes a looooong time. I noticed that in the sidebar it will usually take a few hours to get up to maybe 400 bookmarks, well short of what I've actually got.

Sometimes I'm lucky and the bookmark goes through but most of the time it's a real hit-and-miss affair.

I've started using Shareaholic and so far all the sites I've bookmarks I've tagged through there are fine.

I like the pop-up bookmarking of the official extension, I like the high-lighted text showing in comments, I like the keyboard shortcut for tagging and I like the tags suggestions but have to say I'm not overly keen on the syncing and integration with Firefox. For me that's just overly complicated.

The old Delicious "buttons" extension worked great for me, so are there any plans for supporting it in FF3?

https://addons. mozilla.org/ en-US/firefox/ addon/3615

If you are using the official extension, can you try opening your
Delicious Sidebar (View --> Sidebar --> Delicious) and seeing if the
missing bookmarks are listed there. If so, then something is keeping
the extension from sending them to Delicious and we can do some
further troubleshooting.

On a related note, we have a dedicated discussion group for issues
with the official Firefox extension; you can find it here:

http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ delicious- firefox-extensio n/

Regards,
--Stephen