?start and ?results arguments to API posts/all
Jerry Krinock
2007-12-11 19:40:18 UTC
In a message yesterday in thread, "https://api.del.icio.us/v1/posts/
all? hasn't worked for me",
leslie michael orchard mentioned using ?start and ?results arguments
to the API posts/all.

I would like to use these arguments in my application. I would like
to download posts/all in chunks of, say 100 posts at a time. Then I
could give the user progress information and the opportunity to
'Cancel' the download.

But these arguments ?start and ?results are not in the documentation http://del.icio.us/help/api/posts
. Is it possible that the documentation may be lagging behind what is
now supported?

Thanks,

Jerry Krinock
Joshua Schachter
2007-12-18 22:48:26 UTC
These are currently used by our Firefox extension. But they are somewhat
hacky.

I'll discuss with everyone the idea of adding the pagination to the V1
spec, but be aware that as of right now, they may (but are not likely)
to change. Additionally, at some point we will release a revised API
(incorporating this and other lessons learned) at which point many
things will change.

Joshua