Feed Validation
Joe Mezzanini
2008-07-27 14:34:46 UTC
Not sure if this is a feedburner issue or a delicio.us issue, but either
way I was hoping maybe someone can help.

I own a feed with many subscribers (FEEDBURNER)

the original feed URL is

http://themezz.com/blog/?feed=rss2

I want to change that to

http://del.icio.us/rss/theMezz

When I try to change it .. I enter

http://del.icio.us/rss/theMezz

and feedburner returns an error message that says

http://del.icio.us/theMezz is not a valid feed.

Notice the return message omits the rss portion of the URL.

Any ideas why feedburner refuses to accept

http://del.icio.us/rss/theMezz as a valid feed?

Feedburner does not see that as a valid feed.. not sure if Feedburner is
seeing it incorrect, or maybe the RSS is not standard and does not validate
properly?

Anyone else have this issue??

Thanks,
Joe
http://theMezz.com
AIM theMezz

Chris Thomson
2008-07-27 19:01:47 UTC
Delicious redirects its easy feed urls, such as http://del.icio.us/rss/theMezz
, to a feeds.delicious.com url. Maybe FeedBurner doesn't understand
this redirect, but I have no clue why it is omitting the rss portion
of the url.

Try entering this feed url, instead: http://feeds.delicious.com/rss/theMezz

Good luck.

Chris Thomson
***@chris24.ca
i tweet. i write. i network.
Joe Mezzanini
2008-07-27 22:52:49 UTC
That fails too.. but looks like it is a feedburner issue unique to me.
Works on a new feedburner account.

Thanks for your time.
Post by Chris Thomson
[...]
GOD BLESS AMERICA

http://theMezz.com
http://photos.theMezz.com
http://blog.theMezz.com

Britta Gustafson
2008-07-28 01:51:15 UTC
We've heard reports of inconsistent problems with FeedBurner for a while
now, and we've looked into it but haven't been able to figure out
anything wrong that we're doing. So, this might be an issue on their end.

Britta
Delicious community manager intern