to much bookmark kill del.icio.us ?
bussiere maillist
2007-08-23 12:24:42 UTC
Well this is my page :

http://del.icio.us/bussiere

and i have more than 3000 bookmark the problem is that when the page
is loading sometimes it crash my browser or it is very slow so i can't
give my page to a lot of people with this problem.

Does anyone have a solution ?

Regards
Bussiere
http://del.icio.us/bussiere
Toby Elliott
2007-08-23 16:41:46 UTC
Post by bussiere maillist
http://del.icio.us/bussiere
and i have more than 3000 bookmark the problem is that when the page
is loading sometimes it crash my browser or it is very slow so i can't
give my page to a lot of people with this problem.
Does anyone have a solution ?
It comes up for me in a couple of seconds, so it's likely to be the
rendering time and the javascript.

Fastest way to speed up your page load is to go down to 10 bookmarks
per page. Try that and see if it loads substantially faster.

Regards,
Toby Elliott
del.icio.us
bussiere maillist

Matthew Weymar
2007-08-24 05:23:17 UTC
Kind of a lame comment coming here, but ...

I seem to recall some discussion re limiting display of tags by occurrence
-- i.e., only displaying "Top X" tags and / or tags that occur more than X
times.

I cannot remember, however, whether this was a feature request, or an
existing feature.

Per le monsieur's problème, it'd be a good idea (if it doesn't already
exist).

Matthew
Britta Gustafson
2007-08-24 18:18:47 UTC
Yes, del.icio.us pages may get slow if there are a large number of
tags displayed. We're working on improving this, but here's that
workaround for the meantime: at the bottom of your list of tags, see
the "use minimum" option and choose "5". That way, only tags that have
been used 5 or more times will show up on your list, cutting down on
the number of tags displayed and making your page load more quickly.

Britta
del.icio.us community manager intern
Tro
2007-08-24 20:42:38 UTC
I've loaded pages before with more links on them without problems. Is there
some JavaScript code on del.icio.us pages that walks every single link on the
page and does something with it? That would explain the slowdown.

Tro
Post by Matthew Weymar
times.
I cannot remember, however, whether this was a feature request, or an
existing feature.
Per le monsieur's problÚme, it'd be a good idea (if it doesn't already
exist).
Matthew
Post by Matthew Weymar
Post by bussiere maillist
Post by Matthew Weymar
Triple Entendre
2007-08-24 21:45:26 UTC
I think it used to be a lot worse, when there were DIVS around
every tag in the list? Firefox would freak out trying to
reflow the page while drawing it, especially if you used the
scrollbar before the page was fully loaded. It seems a lot better
now, but there are still a lot of extra SPANs, it seems to me.

But my speculations may be outdated.

Trip
Post by Matthew Weymar
Post by bussiere maillist
Post by Matthew Weymar
Post by bussiere maillist
Post by Toby Elliott
Post by bussiere maillist
give my page to a lot of people with this problem.
Does anyone have a solution ?
It comes up for me in a couple of seconds, so it's likely to be the
rendering time and the javascript.
Fastest way to speed up your page load is to go down to 10 bookmarks
per page. Try that and see if it loads substantially faster.
Regards,
Toby Elliott
del.icio.us
Yahoo! Groups Links