Is there a way to add PDFs to del.icio.us?
bruins1961
2008-02-22 13:43:45 UTC
OK... in my browser, I visit a website and click a link that brings up
a PDF file. When I right-click, there is no "Tag this page" option.
I've loked thru the menus and can't find anything. The "Tag This"
icon in my Firefox navigation toolbar does nothing when I click it.
Thanx!!

.jim.
Matthew Weymar

Britta Gustafson
2008-02-25 23:57:05 UTC
Hi Jim,

We'll check this out and see if we can fix it for a future version of
the extension. What version of Firefox are you using?

In the meantime, you can use the manual posting page
(http://del.icio.us/post/) to bookmark PDFs. Copy the link to the PDF
from your address bar, paste it into the posting page, click "save", and
you'll be able to add notes and tags and save it like usual.

Britta
Del.icio.us community manager intern
.jim.
David
2008-02-26 00:04:41 UTC
The 'Tag This' icon in the Firefox toolbar does work for me â€" but not
if I've clicked within the PDF first (or paged down the PDF). That's
to say, if I've been reading the PDF, the 'Tag This' button indeed
seems to lose any functionality. The thing to do then (works for me)
is click on another open tab, go to that page, then return to the PDF
page and, without clicking within the PDF anywhere, click on the 'Tag
This' button â€" it's always (for whatever reason) "woken up" by now.
Something to do with focus, presumably?