Hiding / blocking fans
Jonathan Moore
2007-11-01 21:28:31 UTC
Someone's just added me to their network and it looks pretty likely
that they are using this as a form of advertising -- account is
clearly owned by a firm, network >50, links all firm-related
Either way, I certainly have no interest in seeing them, or their
links. So ...
- is it possible to hide a user from my list of fans
- is it possible to prevent a user from including

Best regards,
Jon
Joshua Schachter
2007-11-01 22:00:31 UTC
We didn't add this functionality because it didn't seem like this
eventuality is that big a deal. Although originally you could only see
the number of fans and not who they were.

Additionally, you don't see their links if they are your fan unless you
add them back.
2007-11-02 07:27:46 UTC
Related to this are some questions/requests I have related to
network privacy. I have this unchecked:

[ ] allow other people to look at your network.

so I assume that no one knows whether I have or have not included
them in my del.icio.us network. My questions/requests:

* Do people in my del.icio.us network get told that they have
"N secret fans"? If not, that would be a nice feature.

* I would like to be able to keep some of my network private
and make some of it public. This would be similar to the way that
we can now keep some of our bookmarks private.

Thanks!
Nancy
[ deleted ]
Nicola D'Agostino
2008-01-08 10:35:05 UTC
Post by Joshua Schachter
Additionally, you don't see their links if they are your fan unless
you add them back.
Hm, took me a while to try this one but (here we go) unless I
misunderstood what's written up here is wrong.
Unfortunately you can sp^^ send links through the 'for:' tag and the
user sees them even if he didn't reciprocate the relationship on
del.icio.us

Nicola D'Agostino
http://www.nicoladagostino.net

Looking for last minute shopping deals?