export / backup bookmarks to XML/JSON?
Michael Stillwell
2007-12-27 16:37:39 UTC
Is the bookmark data provided by the export / backup feature at e.g.

https://secure.del.icio.us/settings/ithinkihaveacat/bookmarks/export

available in formats other than HTML? I can transform it into XML but it's a bit painful.

Also, is this the only option available for getting access to large numbers of bookmarks? The
JSON API returns up to 100 of the most recent links--is it possible to get access to more than
that from an arbitrary server (provided the user granted access, and preferably without
requiring the user's password)?

Thanks,
Michael
Michael Stillwell
2007-12-27 16:46:35 UTC
Post by Michael Stillwell
Is the bookmark data provided by the export / backup feature at e.g.
https://secure.del.icio.us/settings/ithinkihaveacat/bookmarks/export
available in formats other than HTML? I can transform it into XML but it's a bit painful.
Oh, it seems that

https://api.del.icio.us/v1/posts/all

will do what I want. (I wasn't expecting that to really return all results, sorry.)
Post by Michael Stillwell
that from an arbitrary server (provided the user granted access, and preferably without
requiring the user's password)?
I'm still guessing that getting a user's username and password then calling https://api.del.icio.us/v1/posts/all for them is the best way?

--M.