https://api.del.icio.us/v1/posts/all? hasn't worked for me for a year
leslie michael orchard
2007-12-10 22:09:47 UTC
Date: December 7, 2007 12:38:25 PM PST
Subject: Re: [ydn-delicious] https://api.del.icio.us/v1/posts/all?
hasn't worked for me for a year
Hi there - I'm looking into why this is happening. I've personally
got 10k items and posts/all isn't working for me either.
But, I haven't actually used posts/all in quite awhile - at least
not without some parameters. However, it occurs to me that the
parameters I'm using have heretofore gone undocumented. So, in lieu
of proper documentation, here are a few additional options for you
* You can fetch posts/dates and then call posts/get?dt={yyyy-mm-
ddThh-mm-ssZ} once for each date listed.
This is actually documented, but might not be the most convenient.
* posts/all?start={#}&results={#}
Use ?start as an index into your items and ?results as the number of
items to return, sorted reverse-chronologically. This should allow
for pagination, with a total="..." attribute on the top-level
<posts> element offering a count of all posts.
* posts/all?fromdt={yyyy-mm-ddThh-mm-ssZ}&todt={yyyy-mm-ddThh-mm-ssZ}
Fetch posts whose dates are after or on ?fromdt and before or on ?
todt. The posts/dates method can offer a summary of all dates for
posts.
* https://api.del.icio.us/v1/posts/all? hasn't worked for me since
11/26/06.
* It took quite a few tries to get it then.
* I try ever few months.
* I get "The connection was reset."
* I have almost 14k items.
* I had about 11k items then. (http://del.icio.us/mshook?page=29 )
* I do have a lot of tags.
Any idea how to get this to work?
I promise not to use it more than once a month.
(https://secure.del.icio.us/settings/mshook/bookmarks/export works
fine. Do you have any python or xslt to turn that into /v1/api/posts
format?)
Cheers-
-Michael
http://del.icio.us/mshook?setminposts=100
--
http://del.icio.us/deusx
{web,mad,computer} scientist at Y! for delicious

Michael Shook
2007-12-10 22:20:34 UTC
Hi Leslie-

My initial tests
(http://mshook.python-hosting.com/notes/diamond.py/DeliciousApiUrls )
indicate that posts/all?start={#}&results={#} helps. I haven't yet
figured out how big the chunks can be and still work reliably.

Thanks for your help-
-Michael
leslie michael orchard
2007-12-11 18:57:44 UTC
Still investigating - but I suspect the issue is a server timeout we
have set somewhere, and not a hard limit on result set size per se.

I'd guess anything under 20 seconds in a single request is okay, but I
couldn't tell you how big a chunk size that translates to.