Database corrupted?
David Sapiro - Pilot Systems
2007-05-19 11:22:19 UTC

All my tags are gone, on 1,500+ links. Any one has the same problem?
I just posted a note on the support form, hope I get my data back,
else it will really be a good example on how you put your trust on an
online system and you just wake up and don't have anything left!

Dave
--
David Sapiro - ***@pilotsystems.net
Pilot Systems - 9, rue Desargues - 75011 Paris

Brett O'Connor
2007-05-19 14:45:45 UTC
I am sure that del.icio.us has some amount of data redundancy and
seriously doubt that any of your information has been lost forever.

Brett
Post by David Sapiro - Pilot Systems
Hi,
All my tags are gone, on 1,500+ links. Any one has the same problem?
I just posted a note on the support form, hope I get my data back,
else it will really be a good example on how you put your trust on an
online system and you just wake up and don't have anything left!
Dave
--
Pilot Systems - 9, rue Desargues - 75011 Paris
Tel : +33 1 44 53 05 55 - http://www.pilotsystems.net
Hébergement Zope et Plone gratuit - http://www.objectis.org
---
Brett O'Connor
Blimps Go 90, LLC
P: 303-810-8891
E: ***@blimpsgo90.com
(Get my book, del.icio.us Mashups! - ISBN-10: 0470097760)
Joshua Schachter
2007-05-19 16:21:32 UTC
One of the tag cache servers appears to have fallen down.

To speed the page generation up we have a separate set of systems that get your tag data and bundle it up into temporary files. This appears to be the source of trouble.

I am investigating. Your data is safe. Everything is frequently backed up as well.

--
Joshua Schachter, Director
Yahoo! Social Search
David Sapiro - Pilot Systems
2007-05-20 06:49:08 UTC
Joshua,

Thanks for the note. I understood you rely heavyly on cacher servers,
as when you create a new tag, then you go back to your deli.cio.us
home, the tag does not appear ;)

For getting back up the system, i knwow from our current experience
(we host for free 15 K+ Zope and Plone sites) it can be very tough
and ressources demanding. Hope it resumes OK.

Dave

PS : I checked, all is back to normal, thanks to all the team :)

Joshua Schachter
2007-05-19 16:47:08 UTC
Last night we rolled out reduntant user tag caches and put loadbalancers in front of them, in case a cache server failed.

The load balancer itself appears to have failed. Figures.

We are unrolling the configuration and everything should return to normal shortly. I apologize for the inconvenience.