Did I just imagine prefix:tag support?
Christopher Millward
2007-09-04 17:11:05 UTC
At some point I thought that there had been support for using a prefix (or
namespace, etc) on tags, and then the ability to retrieve all tags with that
prefix, but now I can't find anything about this feature or get it to work.

Example, if I tagged some things with ocps:earthscience and others with
ocps:labs then I could see the union of these tags by going to
http://del.icio.us/cmillward/ocps:*

or something like that.

It's entirely possible I just hallucinated this feature, but if anyone has
insight into this, I'd appreciate it thanks!

Chris

Chris Draycott
2007-09-04 17:13:45 UTC
Try
http://del.icio.us/cmillward/system:has:ocps

Christopher Millward
2007-09-04 18:15:30 UTC
<snip>
http://del.icio.us/cmillward/system:has:ocps
<snip>
Chris and Noah,
Thank you so much for pointing this out. That's exactly what I was looking for.
Noah Sussman
2007-09-04 17:53:01 UTC
Post by Christopher Millward
if I tagged some things with ocps:earthscience and others with
ocps:labs then I could see the union of these tags by going to
http://del.icio.us/cmillward/ocps:*
Try http://del.icio.us/cmillward/system:has:ocps

There are also system-applied tags that describe media, such as
http://del.icio.us/cmillward/system:filetype:mp3

I don't know of any documentation for these system tags -- I've just
come across them in this and other user's groups.
--
Noah Sussman
Noah_|_OneMoreBug.com

"the lyfe so short, the craft so long to lerne" --Chaucer
Britta Gustafson
2007-09-05 16:33:50 UTC
There's some documentation for those media tags here:
http://del.icio.us/help/mediafiletypes (and also an old blog post:
http://blog.del.icio.us/blog/2005/06/casting_the_net.html).

And here's more about some little-known system tags:

Britta
del.icio.us community manager intern
Noah Sussman
2007-09-05 21:26:00 UTC
Post by Britta Gustafson
http://blog.del.icio.us/blog/2005/06/casting_the_net.html).
Britta, thanks so much for rounding up this useful information about
system and media tags.
Btw, system tags are my favorite undocumented del.icio.us feature! ^.^
--
Noah Sussman